Portfolio Analyst and Audit Specialist (80-100%)
About Swiss Re
Swiss Re is one of the world-s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance, and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer, working to make the world more resilient. We anticipate and manage a wide variety of risks, from natural catastrophes and climate change to cybercrime.
At Swiss Re we combine experience with creative thinking and cutting-edge expertise to create new opportunities and solutions for our clients. This is possible thanks to the collaboration of more than 13,000 employees across the world.
We offer a flexible working environment where curious and adaptable people thrive. Are you interested in joining us?
About the Role
As a Portfolio Analyst and Audit Specialist within our P&C Product Centre you will use your strong (re) insurance risk management, project management and data analytics skills to help consistently steer our product and portfolio strategies across different Operating Models.
Your main responsibilities include:
- Leading and supporting key underwriting projects, thematic deep-dives and development of in depth analytics, to support our Casualty and Financial Lines business, but also across line of business and organizational boundaries
- Owning internal qualitative reviews of P&C Re underwriting teams and approaches with a strong focus on constructive improvement proposals
- Supporting Internal Risk Reviews (IRR), Group Internal Audits (GIA) and external client audits
- Being a point of contact for relevant Underwriting Standards and driving continuous improvements of these underwriting standards (guidelines and guidance papers) in close collaboration with other Product Centre team members and the UW community
About the Team
Financial Lines Product Management team is part of the Property & Casualty Centre. It is a three-person global team consisting of the Global Head and the Deputy Head of Financial Lines and a Senior Product Manager. The team also shares a Senior Product Manager in Asia with the Casualty Product Management team.
The directive of the Financial Lines Product Management Team and P&C Centre includes:
- Build: infrastructures, competencies, connections
- Advise: knowledge, analytics, best practices
- Steer: portfolios risk appetite, approaches
- University degree or equivalent
- Ideally, 3 to 5 years of active front-line underwriting, risk management or auditing experience in Casualty or Financial/Professional Lines Insurance and/or Reinsurance
- Deep understanding of risk, control and governance processes
- Excellent project management skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of products and processes for the relevant product line
- Experience in internal and external underwriting audits
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to lead and support cross-functional project teams
- Strong sense of ownership & accountability and a clear track record of execution
- Solid background in data extraction and manipulation including working knowledge of developing reports and visualizations using tools such as Stargate/Spark SQL, Pyxis, Power BI, etc.
Does this describe you? We are looking forward to your application!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Swiss Re offers modern work models and attractive work places that allow all employees to adapt to changing work preferences and life phases.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
**Reference Code: **103303
Please send CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org/ link: https://careers.swissre.com/job/Zurich-Zuri/692652601/