Regional Castings Category Manager
Xylem, a leading global water technology company with over 16.000 employees dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at: Xylem - a job with a purpose .
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Xylem seeks to hire a professional responsible for Coordinating and executing overall Castings category strategies and operations for Xylem Global Procurement (XGP) of material and services related to Castings.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities
- Works together and synergizes with Castings Category team, Senior Business Procurement Directors and Strategic Buyers at sites throughout EMEA region
- Develops category strategies for assigned category
- Deputizes Senior Category Manager
- Develops, Coordinates, Executes and maintains category strategies, policies, and other category guidance with local procurement resources
- Develops Annual Sourcing Savings and Project Plans in alignment with guidance and group targets
- Conducts analysis, supplier qualification, RFx’s, negotiation, contracting, and contract approval within defined delegation of authority
- Coordinates with local Buyers to determine supplier performance as it impacts category strategies, contract management, and overall category supplier management
- Identifies internal customer requirements (e.g. engineering, manufacturing) and collaborates with internal customers to drive procurement value within the designated category
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, economics or equivalent.
- Good skills in negotiation and supplier relationship management.
- Good knowledge of contractual terms and experience of developing supply agreements.
- Good knowledge in manufacturing processes for Castings, machining and surface treatments.
- Previous foundry or castings procurement experience highly desired
- +7 years’ experience of procurement for the engineering industry
- Fluent in oral and written English, any additional language skills desired. Swedish, Italian, German or Polish would be an extra benefit.
- Capable of coordinating sourcing activities for several sites within the EMEA region
- Capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Capable of working in a team environment involving multiple cultures
- Willing and flexible to accept new challenges
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Self-driven and with target focus, a doer and entrepreneurial attitude
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Click APPLY to send your application