Senior Java Developer w Harvey Nash AG w Zürichu
Overview of business area or project:
Within the Global Markets business area, Execution and Agency Products (EAP) is responsible for all Listed and Primary Market security execution for clients of the Bank, predominantly covering Wealth Management and Private clients in Switzerland. EAP IT is responsible for all the applications in the execution value chain from order entry, pre-trade compliance, execution, matching, settlement and booking.
This project will take core applications within EAP and transform them towards our target application architecture. In addition, the implementation of new services supporting a global expansion project will support the goals of the new architecture.
- Developing services responsible for Order and Trade Management
- Working with other team members on the requirements, preparing the releases and delivering the applications to production
- Continuous integration testing and related documentation updates
- Actively participate in the design and technology review of the applications written in the team
- Provide support for the existing systems where required
Overview of the department / team (team size, backgrounds, personalities …):
The successful candidate will be working in the Execution and Agency development organization with a development team of approximately 60+ people. Their working place will be at our main office in Uetlihof, Zürich. This role is part of a global team with members in Switzerland, Poland and India. Immediate Team consists of 8 Members based in Switzerland and India.
Challenges Contractor will be facing in this role:
- Steep learning curve that will require a self-starter with a can-do attitude.
- Transition of current application from legacy Architecture to our target Architecture
- Significant project deliveries required in short cycles
- In a major production incident situation this role may require out of office hours work
Essentials Skills and Qualifications:
- You are a Java developer with a passion for quality, good design and clean code (8-10 years of experience)
- You are familiar with cloud-based, microservice-oriented architecture
- You bring a solid working knowledge of Spring framework (Boot, Web, Cloud, Data)
- You are a keen user of build and test tools like Jenkins, Maven/Gradle, Junit, Mockito
- You are agile-minded and love experimentation to find solutions
- You are willing to expand your role through cross skilling in the pursuit of delivering value to clients early (e.g. QA automation test development)
- English language
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Knowledge of Apache Kafka, Docker, NoSQL databases and emerging JVM languages is a great advantage
- Experience with addressing considerations of low latency, high availability and performance
- Experience in Behaviour Driven Development (JBehave or Cucumber)
- Knowledge of Front End technologies (e.g. React)
- Business knowledge of Financial products and the Order and Trade Management Process for Primary and Secondary Market Products.
- German language
Candidate Value Proposition:
- Active participant in the design of the future technology and architecture of applications, utilizing the latest core techniques and are able to influence how the Bank defines the requirements definition process
- Working in an international, cross-functional team (developers, business analysts, testers and DevOps)
- Member of a long term, strategically relevant project
- Strong team with strong collaboration mindset and pride in our products
Interested? Send your application to email@example.com